Clear Brook Farm
April- Mother's Day 10-6 Daily
Mother's Day-August 9-6 Daily
September - October 10-6 Daily
Historic Route 7A
Shaftsbury, Vermont 05262
April - September
October - December
Find us at:
Manchester Farmer's Market:
3 pm - 6 pm, Thursdays
Find us at:
West River Farmer's Market:
9 am - 1 pm, Saturdays
Routes 11 East and 100 North
Beet Salad with Almond butter and Gorgonzola
A Great Thanksgiving Side with Your Turkey
Ingredients for Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 garlic clove, chopped
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 to 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Ingredients for Beet Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds Beets
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Crumbled gorgonzola or other blue cheese
Directions for Almond Butter
- Grind almonds, garlic, and cayenne in a food processor.
- With motor running, add just enough olive oil to make a silky paste.
- Season with salt.
Directions for Beet Salad
- Simmer beets in 3 inches of water 30 minutes until tender.
- Cool in liquid, uncovered, about 30 minutes.
- Peel and cut into 1/2-inch wedges.
- Whisk together vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and olive oil.
- Add shallots and chives and toss with beets.
- Spoon almond butter on plates.
- Place beets on top.
- Sprinkle with gorgonzola to taste.
Sweet Potatoes, Apples, and Braising Greens
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters, then cut crosswise into 1/8 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium baking apples, chopped into 1 inch squares
- 2 large shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs ginger minced, or 1/2 tsp dry
- 6 cups loosely packed braising greens such as kale, chard, rapini or collard greens, stems removed and torn into 2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On foil-lined baking sheet, toss potato slices with 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Bake until cooked through and slightly caramelized, about 25-30 minutes. Keep warm.
- While roasting potatoes, melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large pot.
- Add apples, garlic, shallots, ginger and sauté until tender and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove apples and place in a bowl.
- In the pot, combine 1 tablespoon butter and 3 tablespoons water.
- Add greens and sauté, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Lower heat and add sweet potatoes and apples.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, 4 - 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, remaining 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper.
- Serve hot.
Easy Sweet Potatoe Chips
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel potatoes.
- Slice potatoes into 1/8 inch thick discs.
- Brush olive oil onto both sides, place on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle salt to taste and place in oven to roast.
- Flip sweet potatoes after the first 8 minutes and then flip every 5 minutes after that.
- Bake 25 minutes or until crisp.
- After 20 minutes watch carefully; there is a fine line between a perfect crisp chip and a charcoal brickette!